Are you looking for a quick, easy, nutrient-rich breakfast to start your day?
This hearty recipe from our in-house nutritionist is the perfect way to nourish your "digestive fire" with warming, anti-inflammatory spices like ginger and turmeric, which have long been revered in traditional healing paradigms like Ayurveda. 
Oats also contain special prebiotic fibres like beta-glucan to promote gut microbiome diversity for full-body wellness. 
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 capsule of NutriRise Turmeric with Ginger (contents emptied) OR 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 heaped teaspoon of freshly ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut nectar, raw honey, or date syrup
(substitute for stevia or monk fruit sweetener to taste for a sugar-free option)
Bring the oats, salt, and water to a boil in a saucepan and then reduce to a simmer.
Stir in the spices plus the contents of the opened Turmeric with Ginger capsule (if using) and coconut milk until well combined.
Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes, occasionally stirring until the oats reach a creamy porridge consistency.
- Stir in your sweetener of choice and serve, topping each bowl with sesame seeds, chia seeds, or chopped nuts with a serving of fresh fruit and enjoy!
Enjoy this delicious start to your day!
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and not intended for use as medical advice. Always consult your healthcare provider before starting any dietary supplement.