Prep Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 5 Mins
Yield: 2 servings
It’s always important to make sure that you’re getting the nutrients your body needs. But this becomes even more important during pregnancy.
Packed with fibre, fruits, veggies, and antioxidants, our nutritious and satisfying pregnancy smoothie is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack for expecting moms.
Why is this smoothie such a great choice during pregnancy? It contains these 3 powerful superfoods:
A fermented milk drink made from bacteria and yeasts, kefir is a versatile superfood. You can use it as a blending liquid in smoothies, eat it with oats or cereal, or add it to soups and baked goods. Like many probiotic foods, kefir has a range of health benefits. And even people who are lactose intolerant can drink it!
Here are some of the key health benefits of kefir:
- The probiotics in kefir restore healthy flora in the gut. As a result, they help to fight irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, and ulcers.
- Kefir can help to heal skin issues and soothe burns and rashes.
- It may also reduce allergies by helping the immune system suppress allergic reactions and altering how the body responds to systemic outbreak points for allergies.
- In a scientific study, researchers found that women who drank kefir for 8 weeks had lower total and “bad” cholesterol levels than women who had only 2 servings of low-fat milk each day.
- Researchers have found that kefir may also fight cancer by slowing tumour growth.
- Containing vitamin K2, kefir supports bone health. In particular, it improves bone density and calcium absorption.
Baobab is a fruit high in vitamin C that comes from the baobab tree. It’s used as a food and as a medicine.
Here’s why eating baobab is good for you:
- The vitamin C in baobab boosts nutrient absorption and improves your hair and skin.
- Baobab may regulate blood sugar because of its fibre content. Maintaining a stable blood sugar is important for avoiding headaches, fatigue, and in the long-term, diabetes.
- The fibre in baobab can also help you feel full longer and promote healthy digestion.
- Because baobab is a rich source of antioxidants, it delays and repairs damage caused by free radicals.
- The calcium, magnesium, and potassium in baobab help to replenish electrolytes and balance body fluids. This is particularly important if you engage in intense physical activity, which leads to electrolyte loss.
Created by Emmanuel Jal, Jal Gua is a vegan dietary supplement that provides a powerful nutrient and energy boost. Jal created it as a remedy when he began to develop extreme fatigue and early symptoms of diabetes.
Named after the phrase “to walk in peace,” Jal Gua consists of two ingredients common in Africa: sorghum and moringa.
Sorghum has been a major crop in Africa for centuries. And although you may not have heard of it before, it’s one of the world’s five most important cereals. High in nutrients, it’s a healthy alternative to sugar and a staple in gluten-free baking in flour form.
Although it’s also a less familiar food in the West, moringa is quickly gaining popularity as a superfood. This is because it’s packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also a great source of vitamins, protein, and amino acids.
This combination of sorghum and moringa makes Jal Gua high in a variety of key nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin B1 and B2, vitamin C, fibre, calcium, copper, and phosphorus.
How to get an extra energy boost
Looking for a way to increase your energy on a regular basis? Coconut oil is one of the best foods for giving you the boost you need. Try our easy-to-swallow Coconut Oil capsules today.
Discover why our customers love it:
Getting the nutrients you and your baby need will make it easier to power through your pregnancy. Our nutritious and satisfying pregnancy smoothie makes it simple to do this while enjoying 3 incredible superfoods. Here’s how to make it:
- 1½ cups kefir
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vegan protein (or preferred protein of choice)
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp collagen peptides
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 5 strawberries (leaves removed)
- 1 tbsp goji powder
- 1 tbsp baobab
- 5 blackberries
- 1 tsp wheatgrass powder (freeze-dried)
- 1 tbsp Jal Gua
- 5 raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp camu camu
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix on high speed until smooth (about 2–3 minutes).
- Pour in a glass, add garnish, and drink immediately.
Tips & Tricks:
- When making smoothies, use a frozen banana instead of a fresh one to get a creamy texture.
- Feel free to use fresh wheatgrass shots in place of wheatgrass powder.
- Love berries? They’re low on sugar and carbs but packed with antioxidants. So don’t feel guilty about adding more to your smoothie.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.