Diindolylmethane (DIM), a phytochemical from cruciferous vegetables, helps balance hormones and detoxify the body. It effectively manages excess estrogen, benefiting women with hormonal imbalances. DIM supplements provide an easy way to get these benefits, especially for those with a low vegetable intake. NutriRise DIM Complex with BioPerine is the superior option since it guarantees purity, efficacy, and enhanced bioavailability. While typically well-tolerated, consult a healthcare professional before starting.
Scientific studies are increasingly supporting the fact that DIM plays a key role in Estrogen hormone regulation. It all started when scientists first made the correlation between individuals who consumed a diet high in cruciferous vegetables and their lower incidence of cancer (1).
What is DIM (Diindolylmethane)?
DIM is a phytochemical found in cruciferous vegetables. It has many health benefits, including detoxing the body and balancing hormones, particularly excess estrogen. It is metabolized from the compound indole-3-carbinol and is stored throughout our bodies, in our kidneys, liver, lungs, blood plasma & heart, in both men and women.
Where does DIM come from?
DIM is short for Diindolylmethane and is found in vegetables such as cabbage, Brussel sprouts, Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Kale.
These cruciferous veggies are packed with health benefits, but truth be told – not many of us enjoy eating them raw! And certainly not in the quantities needed to enjoy their unique health benefits. Fortunately, that’s where modern science steps in! Dim can be taken safely in capsule form as an excellent nutritional supplement to your diet!
How does DIM function in the body?
DIM’s benefits primarily include hormone balancing and detoxification.
DIM assists in hormone regulation by reducing excess estrogen in the body, which can be of great benefit to women suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), hormonal acne, aches and pains associated with menstruation and perimenopause, like decreased sex drive; irregular periods, increased PMS (Pre-menstrual Syndrome) symptoms weight gain, mood swings, hot flashes, and night sweats.
In men, estrogens are essential physiological regulators (2) Studies have shown that the ingestion of DIM may benefit Prostate cancer patients by reducing disease recurrence.(3) DIM’s anti-cancer protective qualities are being continually explored as a remarkable preventative agent in hormone-dependent cancers and diseases.
In vitro, it has been shown to suppress the proliferation of various tumor cells, including breast cancer, prostate cancer, endometrial cancer, colon cancer, and leukemic cells. (4)
Scientists found it to be a potent chemopreventive agent for hormonal-dependent cancers such as breast and cervical cancer. (4)
The benefits of DIM supplementation can be seen in a multitude of ways:
- Lowers toxins produced by your body’s natural metabolism
- Fights the effect of Xenoestrogens, which are any natural or synthetic compound introduced into the body that mimics the effects of estrogen or promotes its production.
- Boosts antioxidants
- Promotes weight loss
- Assists in memory function
- Improves mood
- Reduces PMS symptoms
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Promotes better muscle development
- Supports prostate health in men
What are DIM supplements?
We can’t deny the health benefits of cruciferous vegetables in our diets. Still, even if you are consuming enough vegetables, their nutritional value is reduced by cooking. We often add cheese, sauces, and butter to make them palatable, thereby adding extra calories!
This is where DIM supplements come in!
They offer a higher dose of DIM than you would likely get from vegetables, are bio-available, and are convenient to take.
Your Endocrine system and the link between hormones and optimal health
The endocrine system is responsible for, amongst other things, the development of the brain and nervous system, the growth and function of the reproductive system, as well as the metabolism and blood sugar. It regulates a considerable range of bodily functions through the release and control of hormones.
Generally speaking, hormones control the growth, development, and metabolism of the body. Hormones are produced by the endocrine system’s glands and send instructions to tissues and organs to function.
The many endocrine system components work together to ensure hormonal balance and optimal function on a cellular level.
A short overview of the components of the endocrine system:
- The Hypothalamus, which is located in the brain, produces various hormones that manage many vital functions, including body temperature, sleep cycles, and appetite. It also plays a significant role in regulating the functions of the other glands in the endocrine system, particularly the Pituitary gland.
- The Pituitary gland is located below the hypothalamus and releases hormones that control growth and reproduction and have a stabilizing role on other glands.
- The Pineal gland – also found in the brain, assists in the regulation of sleep-wake cycles.
- The Thyroid gland is located in the front part of your neck and plays a crucial role in regulating metabolism.
- The Parathyroids are found next to the Thyroid and control calcium levels in your body.
- The Thymus, which is only active until puberty, lies behind the breastbone and is mainly responsible for “training T-cells” to fight infection in the body.
- The Adrenal glands are located on top of both kidneys. They produce hormones that help regulate your blood pressure, metabolism, and stress response.
- The ovaries (in women) and the testes (in men) are also responsible for the hormones responsible for sexual and reproductive health and functions.
What is estrogen dominance, and how does it affect overall health for women & men?
Excessive estrogen levels can easily disrupt the delicate balance between testosterone, progesterone, and estrogen. One of the effects may be estrogen dominance – where the estrogen levels are abnormally high in relation to your progesterone.
There are quite a few ways in which Estrogen dominance can develop, and it can wreak havoc on your quality of life! Certain medications can upset the delicate hormone balance, but we are also exposed to many products daily that can negatively impact our chemical levels.
Xenoestrogens are compounds that mimic estrogen in the body but come from an outside source like food, plastics used in food packaging, cosmetics, and lotions, and our exposure to them is increasing rapidly worldwide (5)
Estrogen dominance can affect both men and women.
Symptoms to be aware of in women:
- swelling and tenderness in your breasts
- lumps in your breasts
- decreased sex drive.
- irregular menstrual periods & increased PMS symptoms
- mood swings
- anxiety and panic attacks
- weight gain & bloating
- hair loss
- hormonal skin conditions
- cold extremities
- Disturbed sleeping patterns & fatigue
Symptoms of high estrogen in men:
Although we typically think of estrogen as a female hormone, it’s also produced in men. Similarly, the balance of estrogen and testosterone plays a vital role in regulating sexual and reproductive health.
- Infertility - Estrogen level plays a part in healthy sperm production and therefore may affect fertility.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) - Abnormally high estrogen levels in men can be a contributing factor in getting and maintaining erections.
- Gynecomastia - Excess estrogen can lead to abnormal breast growth in men.
Estrogen dominance is not something to take lightly and if you suspect you have it, consult with a healthcare professional for further guidance.
Other health benefits of DIM
“DIM is a potent stimulator of immune function”(6). The benefits of DIM are constantly being explored and expanded upon. Current research supports its beneficial role in many bodily functions related to hormone balancing and regulation.
What to look for in a DIM supplement
Purity and efficacy are the most important considerations when choosing supplements, and DIM supplementation is no exception. Look for supplements that contain high levels of active ingredients and are formulated for maximum absorption. BioPerine is a patented black pepper extract that increases the bioavailability of DIM and has been laboratory tested for efficacy.
Safety & side effects
Most people tolerate DIM supplements well, but as with any dietary supplement, some individuals are more susceptible to experiencing side effects than others, such as headache, fatigue, and darkened urine.
The most effective way to reduce side effects is to drink lots of water. Increasing your water intake assists your body in flushing out toxins and is beneficial to good kidney function.
Consult your primary healthcare advisor for guidance before embarking on lifestyle changes, including supplements, diets, training, etc. - especially if you have any underlying health conditions.
Why choose the NutriRise DIM supplement?
With so many brands to choose from, you can trust Nutririse to offer you scientifically advanced formulations that are independently tested and manufactured under stringent controls and cGMP Current Good manufacturing processes.
So, you can rest assured that Nutririse DIM with BioPerine will live up to its quality ingredient claims.
Nutririse DIM Complex with BioPerine is clinically proven to help balance hormones - the resulting domino effect of positive changes in your body can leave you wondering why you haven’t tried this incredible supplement before!
Be consistent and be patient! Improving hormone balance takes time, and it’s well worth taking your DIM supplement every day to reap the rewards of a more regulated endocrine system.
Start taking control of those mood fluctuations and night sweats, and increase your body’s immunity and resistance to illness!
A hormonally balanced body is the best defense against disease! DIM Complex with BioPerine is your secret weapon!
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and not intended for use as medical advice. Always consult your healthcare provider before starting any dietary supplement.